Fajr Academy began with a question: Why adapt western education to Muslim values? Why not develop our own vision? Seeking Allah’s pleasure, we decided on a simple but bold vision:
‘To nurture and develop the mental, physical, emotional and spiritual sense in Muslim children through a comprehensive educational system based on the teachings of Islam.’
We have set five long-term objectives to achieve this vision:
- Instill a love for Allah in our students and staff
- Prepare our students and staff for success in this life and the next
- Groom a new generation of Muslim educators
- Promote Islamic education in our society and bridge the gap between Muslims educated in religious and secular institutions
- Introduce the Tarbiyah International Curriculum to a wider circle of families.
Our founder and principal, Ustadh Asim Ismail, is a renowned social entrepreneur in Pakistan. Fajr Academy is a key part of his wider vision for private Islamic education, which includes several initiatives under the supervision of Skylight Education Solutions. In addition to leading Skylight and Fajr Academy, he is also a widely-sought trainer and consultant in education and Islamic studies. Before founding Fajr Academy he served as the founding Head of Islamic Department at the Reflections School in Karachi from 2007 to 2011, where he successfully tested several initiatives that are now part of the Tarbiyah International Curriculum.
Our teaching staff adds a genuine passion for Islamic education to several decades of combined experience at Karachi’s best schools, including Head Start, The City School, St. Michael’s, Generation’s School and Reflections School.
Fajr Academy’s own team is closely supported by Skylight Education Solutions, which uses Fajr Academy as a learning lab for its Tarbiyah International Curriculum, developed by professionals in a variety of educational and professional fields with additional training in Islamic studies. This relationship gives Fajr Academy a unique advantage in the private Islamic education sector.
The Fajr Advantage
Every school has its particular strengths.
Here’s what’s special about Fajr Academy:
- Serious academic focus (in preparation for O-Levels)
- Small class size of sixteen(standard) to twenty(maximum)
- First school to adopt the Tarbiyah International Curriculum
- Instruction in both English and Arabic
- Customized Hifz program for every student
- Early emphasis on reading across the curriculum
- Unique extracurricular activities
- Online student performance reports
- Culture of accountability for students, parents and staff